Tuesday, January 6, 2009

Resolution time!

Ahh, it's that time of year again. Some folks think it's important to have your resolutions decided upon by the time the new year starts. Thank goodness I'm not one of them. This year I have several different types of resolutions. I'll do my best to categorize them as I go.

Physical Health:
Run 750 miles
Bike 1000 miles
Swim 75,000 meters
Be able to do 100 push-ups in a row
Eat more healthy foods
Decrease percentage of body fat
Compete in at least 1 triathlon and as many running and cycling events as time allows.

Mental Health:
Take at least 1 day a week as Sabbath
Set priorities and stick to them
Delegate!
Spend time with each member of my family

Work:
Complete Constitution and By-Laws revision
Revise/Review all policies
Visit every member of the congregation outside of church at least 2 times.
Be regular and intentional about nursing home and home-bound visitation
Explore new methods of preaching
Build intentional foundations for all church activities and ministries (Theology of practice.)

Enjoy each day!

Well, that's what I'm hoping to accomplish in 2009. Some goals are going to be pretty easy to reach, others are going to take a lot more work. But, there's nothing on this list that I would label as "impossible." Audacious maybe. Impossible, no.

Read 50 books

No comments: